Thursday, July 19, 2012

Organizing Baking Supplies - Creating Storage with the Strangest Things

I love when I can find 5 to10 minutes in a day to reorganize a cabinet or create a new organizing system.  On Monday I found a few minutes to grab all the loose cupcake tins in my pantry and store them in a cute Ball jar with a covered fabric lid (read about that here).  Yesterday I was able to reorganize my baking supplies.  It took about 10 minutes and my daughter got into the action, too!  As I unloaded the contents of the shelf, she put them on the counter.  After a quick wipe with a hot, soapy rag, the cupboard was ready to be refilled.



I had a lot of loose cupcake/cookie decorations that were constantly falling over and taking up too much space!  I thought about picking up a storage container to stash them in, but remembered I was holding onto this plastic bag that contained a baking set my daughter had received for Christmas.  (I didn't want to throw it out - I just felt it would be wasteful).  I decided to store all the loose cupcake/cookie decorations in the bag and it worked out perfectly!  They fit in nicely and I was able to stand it up in the cupboard.  I can not tell you how much room it freed up!


One of the tough things about my kitchen pantry is the shelves are super deep.  Since I don't use the baking supplies on a daily basis, I put them on the top shelf in the back.  I put all of our breakfast goodies (oatmeal supplies, tea, and cereal) in the front of the cabinet for quick access.






And that was it.  All done.  It only took a few minutes to straighten the shelf up and best of all - I came up with a quick, FREE way to organize my cupcake/cookie decorations.


What have you organized lately?  Have you found a way to repurpose something?








PS  You can find this over at the Delightful Order Inspiring Thursday Link Party!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog somehow and am now following =) You have great ideas. Lord knows I could use some major organization right now. I'd love it if you checked out my blog when you get a chance!

    Sarah @ Our Family of Three
    woodsfamilyofthree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I will definitely check out your blog. I look forward to it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...